Home is where the heart (craft) is
This project is something I made during one of my “crafternoons” with my best friend, Annie. I was inspired by this pin, though mine was on a smaller scale and in a different palette.
I used materials I had lying around the house:
– A small square canvas
– Blue and white paint chips & cardstock
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue + toothpick for application
– Heart-shaped paper punch
Basically, all you need to do is:
1. Lightly trace whatever shape you’re creating onto your canvas.
2. Spend what feels like hours punching out little hearts (or whatever shape of punch you have) in gradient shades of a colour (I chose blue).
3. Fold the little heart in half and then glue ’em down.
If I were to go back and do this craft again, I would definitely start blending the shades a bit more. I love the middle section, but I wish I could re-do the bottom bit. Oh well. It still looks nice and cost me 0$! And I had a great gab with Annie while I was making it, so not bad for an afternoon (crafternoon)!
So let’s hear about your paint-chip projects. Any keepers out there?