Buy flowers. Put in vase. JUST KIDDING! Arranging flowers without floral foam isn’t *quite* that simple, although it really is easier than it looks. Today I’m going to teach you how to arrange flowers using just a vase and a floral grid. You’ll be creating a gorgeous centrepiece for your spring table or arrangement for your buffet in no time! (You can even just pick up a bouquet from the grocery store!)
This arranging style doesn’t use any of the toxic floral foam (like Oasis) that is so common in the floral industry. Floral foam is really useful in certain situations (if you have to move your arrangement – like for a wedding – or if you want it to last for ages without needing to change water – like if you send flowers to a hospital or retirement home), but it certainly isn’t the best option, environmentally-speaking.
Let’s create a beautiful spring floral arrangement to get your table all set for guests!
How to Arrange Flowers (without the toxic floral foam!)
- 5-7 stems of greenery (I used 3 stems of salal leaf and 2 stems of regular ruscus)
- 3-4 stems of alstroemeria (also known as peruvian lily – I kept these sprays intact for this arangement)
- 5-7 tulips
- 8-9 stems of mums (these are spray flowers – they have multiple blooms on each stem – so you don’t need 8-9 sprays, just 3-4 – I call these “filler”)
- 7-9 button mums (same deal as with the regular mums – they are a spray flower – I call these the “fun filler”)
- 3-4 stems ornito (what I call the “spiky blooms”)
Click here to continue reading…